On a warm day there's nothing better than a refreshing beverage ~ and this one is packed with goodness from both the kombucha and the therapeutic properties of our Revive blend!
- 1 Scoby (Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria and Yeast. You can buy from health food stores, online, or get from a kombucha making friend!)
- 3L of brewed Revive (or EBT)
- 1 cup of white or raw sugar (will be used up in the fermentation process)
- 1 cup kombucha liquid from previous batch, or store bought
How to Prepare :
- Brew 12tsp of Revive (or EBT) in 3L of boiled water.
- Add in the sugar and let dissolve. Leave to cool.
- Place your Scoby and kombucha liquid into a freshly sterilised large jar.
- Pour the cool tea/sugar mix into the large jar too.
- Cover with a paper towel, muslin, or clean tea towel. Secure with a rubber band.
- Store in a dry, room temperature place away from direct sunlight for 6-10 days.
- Once your kombucha has a slightly sweet and tangy flavour, strain and store in glass jars in the fridge.
- Drink as is, or add in fresh citrus for extra flavour!
- The longer you leave to ferment, the less sugar and more probiotic bacteria.
- Kombucha ferments faster in the summer heat, so keep an eye on your brew! Taste test as you go.
- If this is your first time trying kombucha, introduce it slowly into your diet so your body can adjust to the influx of good bacteria!